Dr. Katy Elmaliah – Lawyer
Born Prague, Czechoslovakia
Dr. of law University of Zurich (1993)
Attorney at law in Zurich, Switzerland (1995)
Advocate in Israel (1999)
Emigrated from Switzerland to Israel (October 1, 1996)
Since 2002 head of her own law practice and of counsel of the Alon Kaplan Law Firm
Associate at M. Seligman & Co., Tel Aviv
Foreign attorney at the Alon Kaplan Law Firm, Tel Aviv
Associate at the Alon Kaplan Law Firm, Tel Aviv
Associate at Froriep Renggli Attorneys, Zurich
Articled Clerk at two major commercial law firms in Zurich (Lenz & Staehelin, Froriep Renggli).
During her entire professional carrier, Dr. Elmaliah has been heavily engaged in German, Swiss and Israeli commercial and contract law as well as in international commercial litigation and arbitration.
Education and Academic Experience
Research assistant for Contract and Private International Law, University of Zurich (1989-1991)
For her doctoral thesis on international media law she was awarded a grant by the Swiss Fund for the Support of Scientific Research and the French National Fund for Scientific Research,
Tutoring activities at various professional organizations in Switzerland and later in Israel.
STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners), Israeli Bar Association, Swiss Bar Association (passive membership), German Israeli Chamber of Commerce, International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists.
Negotiating and drafting of commercial agreements, corporate law, transnational litigation and enforcements of depth (including the enforcement of foreign court decisions), banking law, civil law (in particular inheritance and real estate law) as well as citizenship law.
German, Hebrew, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Czech, Yiddish
- Chapter on Israeli Foundation Law in: Handbook on the International Law of Foundations (Zerb Verlag, Germany, 2007);
- Report on Germany and Switzerland in: Elmaliah, Samarelli, Ernest et al., Inheritance Law in Israel and in the other States of the World (Hebrew), Ozar HaMishpath, 2007;
- Alon Kaplan, Katy Elmaliah, Estate Planning under Israeli Law, Internationale Wirtschaftsbriefe 2000, 989-992;
- Remarks on the Swiss Israeli Double Taxation Treaty co-published with Adv. Lior Pick, Tel Aviv, at Internationale Wirtschafts-Briefe 2004 (in printing process);
- Alon Kaplan, Katy Elmaliah, Erbschaftsplanung nach israelischem Recht (Estate Planning under Israeli Law), Internationale Wirtschaftsbriefe, 2000, 989-992;
- General Editor of Israelisches Wirtschaftsrecht (The Commercial Laws of Israel), a book pulished in German at Oldenbourg Verlag, Munich, 1998; Israeli Law of Agency (publication in German), Internationale Wirtschafts-Briefe, 1996, p. 131-134;
- Israeli Law of Enterprise (publication in German), Internationale Wirtschafts-Briefe, 1995, p. 937-944;
- The New Practice of the Swiss Court of Commerce regarding the Term “International” as a Part of the registered Trade Name of a Company (publication in German), Yearbook of the Commercial Register, 1994;
- Right of Reply – Droit de Réponse, a Comparative Study on the Mass Media Laws of Germany, France and Switzerland (publication in German), a book published at Stämpfli Verlag, Berne 1993, as a part of the Publication Series on Mass Media and Intellectual Property Law;
- Right of Reply or Right to Publish Extremist Views? (publication in German), Plädoyer 1993/6;
- Contribution to a Commentary on the Swiss Act on Private International Law: Heini/Keller/Vischer/Volken, IPRG Kommentar, published Zurich 1993; Political Criminal Law in Turkey (publication in German), Plädoyer 1991/1